Bill Francisco, DVM, CVMA
Serving Beaufort,SC & The Low Country with mobile "at home" services
Modern Veterinary Acupuncture is defined as stimulation of special points on the body, resulting in a desired physiological effect. Acupuncture therapy for your animal can be used when conventional medicine is not working, not working well or having undesirable side effects, or where surgery is not feasible. We use low level laser alone or in combination with acupuncture to stimulate tissue cells for healing. Low level laser works under the principles of a science known as photochemistry. Laser light influences cellular viability & stimulates metabolic processes.
We can relieve pain and disability,hasten healing and improve the quality of life for your pet.
BEAUFORT VETERINARY ACUPUNCTURE
and LOW LEVEL LASER THERAPY
The following conditions may respond well to acupuncture and low level laser therapy: (this list is in no way inclusive and always evolving through professional sharing of data)
- Arthritis, degenerative disc disease; hip dysplasia; soft tissue injuries; equine laminitis; equine back soreness; stifle & hock lameness
- Lick granulomas; chronic allergic dermatitis; wound healing
- Traumatic nerve injuries; certain types of nerve paralysis; epilepsy
- Endocrine imbalances; improving function of failing livers and kidneys
- Chronic intractable diarrhea and constipation/feline gastroenteritis
- Post-operative pain; pain syndromes; palliation during final stage of life
- Anxiety/Separation Anxiety; urinary incontinence
In addition, working animals and show animals can benefit from "wellness" therapy to maintain stamina, promote relaxation, and increase overall well-being.
Our veterinary acupuncture/laser services are usually performed after an initial assessment to confirm the diagnosis and develop a mutually agreed-upon treatment plan and initial goals for your pet.
Dr. Francisco will be glad to work with your family veterinarian to provide coordinated care and treatment. However, a direct veterinary referral is not needed to begin an evaluation and discuss acupuncture/laser treatment options.
Because services are provided in your home, we are not able to provide veterinary services other than acupuncture and laser therapies. Your primary veterinarian should be contacted for all other services and any emergencies.